There are many variations of this particular recipe for “Lil Smokies”!
I am going to give you the recipe that I have used and have had people coming back for more! Some people use maple syrup and some make a glaze of brown sugar and butter and some just use brown sugar as I do. After baking, I put my appetizers in a crock pot to keep warm. It doesn’t make for as pretty a presentation as leaving them all lined up on a pretty serving platter…but it does keep them warm. I remove the toothpicks if I put in a crock pot. Sticky little buggers! 🙂 The Printable Recipe is below!
- 1 pound of thin sliced bacon (cut into thirds and keep in fridge until ready to use)
- 1 pound of Lil Smokies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Melted butter (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with foil, makes for easier clean-up
- After cutting the bacon. wrap each Lil Smokie with a piece of bacon, securing the bacon with a toothpick if necessary.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and butter over the Lil Smokies
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes until bacon is crispy.
- If the Lil Smokies are placed close together, a toothpick may not be necessary. However, the toothpick allows guest to pick up the Lil Smokie easily. Enjoy!