These Dinner Rolls are exceptional and the steps are easy! Try them and let me know how they turn out!
Write a review
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 5 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- vegetable oil as needed
- In small saucepan, combine the milk, sugar and 3 tablespoons of butter
- Place over medium high heat and heat stirring until the butter melts
- Remove from heat and cool to 110 degrees
- Scatter the yeast over the surface of the liquid and set aside until foamy (about 10 minutes)
- In large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt and set aside
- Pour the milk and yeast mixture into the bowl of flour and mix until a soft, ragged mixture is formed
- Transfer the flour mixture to a well floured work surface and knead by hand until dough is soft and elastic (about 10 minutes)
- Transfer dough to a well greased bowl and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Place bowl in a warm spot until doubled in size (about 2 hours)
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface and using you hands gently flatten dough into a disc.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions
- Roll each piece into a ball
- Butter a 9X13 pan
- Place the balls of dough, seam side down in 3 rows of 4 balls each.
- Cover with towel and place in warm spot until they have risen to the top of the pan (about 2 to 2 1/2 hours)
- Melt remaining butter and liberally brush the rolls
- Bake at 400 degrees on center rack of oven until golden brown (about 25 minutes)
- Remove rolls from oven and let cool slightly before removing to a cooling rack
- The aroma of baking bread is irresistible. Enjoy!
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.