Since it is almost time for the Super Bowl, we all think of Hot Wings…
I came up with a recipe that is quick and easy., so you don’t miss any of the game. These can be prepared ahead and reheated!
Sweet and Tangy Hot Wings
This wing recipe gets a headstart by starting on the stove and moving to the oven.
Write a review
- 8 wings
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 bottle of hot sauce ( I used Taco Bell Restaurant Hot Sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon of liquid smoke
- 3-4 dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 cup of pineapple preserves
- 1/2 chopped onion
- Mix seasonings together in a small bowl
- Toss the wings in a larger bowl and coat with some of the seasonings
- Heat oil in heavy skillet
- Brown the wings, adding more seasoning as necessary
- Remove the wings to a platter and make the sauce
- Saute onion in drippings from the wings
- Add the pineapple preserves
- Add the Restaurant Hot Sauce
- Add the liquid smoke
- Add the dashes of Louisiana hot sauce to your taste
- Simmer for about 5 minutes
- Place wings back into skillet coating each with the sauce
- Place in 350 degree oven covered lightly with foil for about 30 minutes.
- Last 5 minutes, remove foil and finish the cooking.
- I use a cast iron skillet that will go from stove top to oven. You can remove to shallow oven safe pan if necessary.
- I did not chop off the wing tips, but I usually do. The wings brown nicely without the tips.
- You may also use the last 5 minutes of cooking time under the broiler, but be careful as the sauce can allow burning.
- Ingredients can be increased by 3 times if you are cooking more wings.
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.