Peanut Butter Brownies! Have you ever tasted a combination of flavors that you just can’t quite get enough of?
That is the way I feel about peanut butter and chocolate. And this recipe is a really good combination which creates a chewy, chocolate chip Brownie…and it certainly doesn’t hurt that peanut butter is thrown in.
Well, it isn’t actually thrown it, but you understand my wording…don’t you? Great!
Then you must try this recipe!
PS….I also have a recipe for Butterscotch Brownies with chocolate chips and a wonderful Peanut Butter Bar that Only Daughter used to crave….look for them in my Dessert file.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup softened butter (I set out the butter on the counter while I am assembling ingredients)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (More if you are like me and keep nibbling on the chips while preparing) 😉
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×9 baking pan with Pam or cooking spray of your choice
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together peanut butter and butter ( a mixer works best because of the stiffness of the batter)
- Add sugars and vanilla.
- Mix until creamy, scraping the sides as needed.
- Add egg and beat on low until light and fluffy
- Add flour and baking powder and beat well
- Fold in the chocolate chips by hand
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured pan and smooth the top being careful of the chocolate chips
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool completely before cutting or you will have one big gooey mess. 🙂
- These are so good...I really like the flavor of the peanut butter and chocolate. Someone ought to invent a candy with peanut butter and chocolate...Ohhhh, wait. someone did. Ooops!
- I also have a Butterscotch Brownie Recipe with chocolate chips and it is similar to this recipe.... the same mixing of flavors. Look for it in the dessert section of my blog.