I decided to get some baking done over the week-end, so after making Bacon for breakfast and bakin’ cookies and rolls in the oven…I enjoyed the outdoors by bakin’ in the Sun a bit! Great week-end we had down here in Florida! Great for sunning and eating !
I made a wonderful breakfast of French Toast, Bacon and fresh squeezed Orange Juice…yes, I did squeeze my own! 😉
AND I managed to get a little sun after the bacon and bakin’…while catching up on my reading!
I also made home made cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Sunday, Recipe to follow…AND the Pretzel M&Ms Cookies with Biscoff were sensational!
Printable Recipe follows on this post.
Which brings me to a product I have recently discovered and I wondered to myself…where have you been all my life?
Have you tried the addicting Biscoff? Seriously, sooooo goooood! It is the kind of “stuff” that you think you will bake with it and you accidentally remove the lid…well, to see how much remains of course but I end up sticking the spoon in and somehow it makes it to my mouth!…
Biscoff is a spread made with Biscoff cookies. Biscoff cookies are thin, crispy cookies with a slight cinnamon flavor. You can find Biscoff at WalMart or your favorite grocery. I had not paid much attention to it before. Perhaps you have already discovered this delicious spread.
However, this week-end, I managed to get some of this delicious buttery spread into my sweet and salty cookies. This is a cookie that doesn’t stay around long…the cookies are eaten up before you know it. In fact, they didn’t make it until Sunday!
The Captain and I didn’t eat them all by ourselves….we shared with the neighbors too! Really we did! 😉
The Biscoff combined with pretzels M&Ms (I bought the pastel pretzel milk chocolate and white chocolate M&Ms, but you can use any M&M you choose)…. gives a salty crunch paired with the cookie butter and believe me there is nothing better!
If you like soft and chewy cookies and cookies that are slightly crisp around the edges…then this is a cookie you will make often.
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Biscoff
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pretzel M&Ms
- Cream room temperature butter and sugar till light & fluffy.
- Add in Biscoff & cream well.
- Add egg & vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder
- Mix in pretzel M&Ms.
- Wrap dough in plastic & refrigerate a few hours or over night.
- Divide dough into small balls or from a teaspoon
- Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- If you want M&Ms "chips" in the dough, let the mixer crush them up. If you want the M&Ms whole mix the dough slightly.
- Make sure dough is well chilled when cookies go in the oven to make sure they keep their shape and bake evenly.
- Remove cookies from the oven when they are about a minute from being done.