Blueberries and cranberries baked in individual cans, mason jars, rubber molds or ramekins. What a wonderful dessert or a coffee and tea accompaniment.
Simple ingredients and ready in 25 minutes!
- 2 boxes of blueberry muffin mix (17 ounces, I like Krusteaz Mixes)
- 2 cups cranberry juice (white or red)
- 2 cans of whole cranberries, drained and rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut (toasted if desired)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg
- In mixing bowl, combine muffin mixes, juice, cranberries, coconut,vanilla, cinnamon and egg.
- Divide the batter evenly among cans, mason jars or any individual bakers you have on hand.
- Place on a baking sheet
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- I sometimes use little loaf pans, or one big loaf....endless possibilities!
- The cakes will puff up over the top of the cans which makes for a pretty presentation.
- Serve in the cans or slip them out and serve by cutting into slices.