Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins!
I love making these muffins or you can call them cupcakes if you like. It doesn’t matter what you call them, they taste so yummy with your morning coffee or tea…or a healthy smoothie.
You don’t have to stop at one of those expensive bakeries or coffee shops to get your morning fix…just make these either the night before and warm in the microwave …OR get all your ingredients mixed up the night before and pop them in the oven while you are getting ready for work!
There is nothin’ that says lovin’ like something out of your own oven….as the saying goes.:)
- 1 and 2/3 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of plain pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of milk chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Heat your oven to 350*.
- Combine all your dry ingredients together & mix in a bowl and set aside. (do not add the chocolate chips)
- In a separate bowl combine all your wet ingredients, and mix together.
- Then combine both bowls and mix together.
- After both bowls are combined, add the chocolate chips & carefully blend together.
- Scoop the pumpkin batter into cupcake liners using an ice cream scoop, and bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- After the muffins have baked and cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting if desired.
- Your family will want these muffins often....good for quick breakfasts, out-the-door-in-a-hurry-and-off-to-work-without-stopping-at-that-expensive-coffee-place .....type of breakfast pumpkin muffins!
- Add a home made smoothie and you have a great start to any type of day! Guaranteed to put a smile on your face!