Cream Cheese Frosting is easy to make…
This is a great creamy frosting that goes well with pumpkin bread, carrot cake, chocolate cake, on cookies, or between cookies.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use the real vanilla...I prefer the taste)
- With an electric mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese together, about 3 minutes on medium speed until very smooth.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Keep adding until you get to desired sweetness and thickness.
- Either spread on with a blunt knife or spatula, or spoon into a piping bag to decorate your cake or cupcake.
- Makes 3 cups
- Store in the refrigerator after use.
- If you want chocolate frosting, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup cocoa, according to how rich you want it.