Banana Nut Cookies can be made in a matter of minutes. Before you know it…you are enjoying good eats.
I really like cookies….and these cookies are a treat. You will think you are eating banana nut bread, but just a little bit different. 🙂
I love the banana flavor melding with the walnuts and the nutmeg….really good.
You can make your own cream cheese frosting or buy it in a can…or you can decide to not ice the cookies at all.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- n a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, shortening and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Beat in the mashed banana followed by the flour mixture.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until the tops of the cookies are very lightly browned.
- After the cookies are cooled, ice with a cream cheese icing (in a can) or make your own If desired, Sprinkle with nutmeg or additional chopped walnuts.
- I always have ripe bananas available to me. It is really quite simple. I buy bananas and use what I can use and when the bananas start to turn dark, I pop them in the freezer. You can bag them but I usually just pop them in ...so I have a few onesy, twosy bananas on the door of my freezer at all times.
- I use them for Smoothies, banana nut breads and this wonderful cookie recipe.
- For this recipe, (Depending on the size of your bananas), two ripe bananas should yield about ½ cup of mashed banana.