If you like Buster Bars with the salty peanuts and fudgy toppings….you will like this home made dessert bar. You can adjust the hot fudge and peanuts and whipped topping to your liking.
These are really good….
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups roasted Spanish peanuts
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine evaporated milk, 1/2 cup butter, chocolate chips, and confectioners' sugar.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract. Allow to cool thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, mix together crushed chocolate sandwich cookies and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan; freeze until firm.
- Spread softened ice cream over crust, then freeze until firm.
- Spread top with cooled fudge sauce, and sprinkle with peanuts; freeze until firm.
- Spread with whipped topping, and freeze until firm, or overnight.