I love Fried Chicken!
I love Chicken Thighs and the Captain loves Chicken Breasts!
Fry N’ Bake….what could be easier?
This recipe give us the trilogy…..Fried Chicken Breasts and Thighs and a little Baked thrown in.
It is quick and easy because you dredge the chicken and fry to brown each side and finish baking in the oven.
You get crunchy and moist and tender Chicken breasts and thighs.
If you prefer chicken breasts only…use 8 chicken breasts.
If you prefer chicken thighs only…use 8 chicken thighs.
Or you can do as I did and make 4 Chicken breasts and 4 chicken thighs.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves and 4 skinless,boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Stir together flour, tarragon, salt, ginger, pepper, mustard powder, thyme, garlic powder, oregano and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl until well blended.
- Beat the egg together with the milk until smooth in a bowl.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, shake off excess, then dip in egg/milk mixture, and again in flour.
- Set breasts aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in flour again, and shake off excess.
- Brown the chicken in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Place onto a rack on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until the chicken is cooked in the center, about 20 to 30 minutes.