Orange Sweet Rolls….I don’t know what it is about yeast breads and oranges that seem to go together….
I have made several recipes involving these ingredients and posted them here…(click on the link below for the Orange Refrigerator Breakfast Roll recipe)
But go together they do and this is a quick recipe (all in one bowl) to make for a week-end breakfast or for guests.
Please try this recipe and let me know if youW like it.
Below is the handy dandy printable recipe. ‘:)
That way I will know it is not just me who craves oranges and yeast breads. 😉
No peanuts and cracker jacks tonight….
Tonight is play-off baseball night, again….and if the Royals win this game…they will go on to the World Series!
What a great snack we will have as we sit around watching the game!
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup of non fat dry milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Add all the ingredients for the rolls (setting aside the marmalade and ginger) into one bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on slow speed, combine until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Shape dough into a ball, leaving it in the same bowl. Spray the top of the dough with nonstick cooking spray and cover with a clean tea towel.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size...about 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle, approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the marmalade over the rectangle and sprinkle with the ground ginger.
- Roll the dough from the narrow end shaping it tight like a log.
- With the seam down, cut the log into 2 inch pieces.
- Lightly spray a baking pan and put the pieces into the pan.
- Cover the rolls again and let rise for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the rolls until lightly browned (about 35-40 minutes)
- Make the icing by beating the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy...add the powdered sugar a small amount at a time until the icing is of spreading consistency. Add the orange flavoring and spread on the warm sweet rolls.
- You can eliminate the orange extract, but I really love the orange flavoring it gives the icing.
- This is a wonderful go-to recipe for everyday breakfasts or for guests.