Orange Sweet Rolls….I don’t know what it is about yeast breads and oranges that seem to go together….
I have made several recipes involving these ingredients and posted them here…(click on the link below for the Orange Refrigerator Breakfast Roll recipe)
Orange Refrigerator Breakfast Rolls
But go together they do and this is a quick recipe (all in one bowl) to make for a week-end breakfast or for guests.
Please try this recipe and let me know if youW like it.
Below is the handy dandy printable recipe. ‘:)
That way I will know it is not just me who craves oranges and yeast breads. 😉
No peanuts and cracker jacks tonight….
Tonight is play-off baseball night, again….and if the Royals win this game…they will go on to the World Series!
What a great snack we will have as we sit around watching the game!
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup of non fat dry milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Add all the ingredients for the rolls (setting aside the marmalade and ginger) into one bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on slow speed, combine until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Shape dough into a ball, leaving it in the same bowl. Spray the top of the dough with nonstick cooking spray and cover with a clean tea towel.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size...about 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle, approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the marmalade over the rectangle and sprinkle with the ground ginger.
- Roll the dough from the narrow end shaping it tight like a log.
- With the seam down, cut the log into 2 inch pieces.
- Lightly spray a baking pan and put the pieces into the pan.
- Cover the rolls again and let rise for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the rolls until lightly browned (about 35-40 minutes)
- Make the icing by beating the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy...add the powdered sugar a small amount at a time until the icing is of spreading consistency. Add the orange flavoring and spread on the warm sweet rolls.
- You can eliminate the orange extract, but I really love the orange flavoring it gives the icing.
- This is a wonderful go-to recipe for everyday breakfasts or for guests.
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.