Yummy Baked Chicken (healthy too!) is so tender and juicy.
I really like chicken and I especially love fried chicken!
So when I find a recipe that tastes almost as good…I want to share it.
No, it does not replace that wonderful crispy chicken cooked in lard that I grew up with….but it is a close second.
I will never give up fried chicken…but every now and then I will do a healthier version of it.
This Yummy Baked Chicken is certainly a lot healthier than my wonderful fried chicken.
If you follow my Blog…you will note that I really like chicken thighs and the Captain really likes the chicken breasts.
So, for this recipe, I like to use chicken thighs, but you may use chicken breasts…or both!
You may leave the skin on or remove it….it is healthier to remove it…but sometimes I cheat and leave the skin on and then I remove the skin before eating….sometimes. 🙂
And remember to leave the chicken uncovered in the oven or it will not crisp up. (you can also stick it under the broiler for a few minutes if you want the chicken crispier.)
I have seen this recipe made many ways….using mayo or olive oil…but the plain yogurt is very good.
Try it and see if you don’t agree that this recipe is a keeper.
- 4 pieces of chicken, (I use 2 smallish breasts and 2 thighs)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use Lowry's...but be careful if you are watching your salt intake)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the Parmesan Cheese, Greek yogurt, garlic and onion powder, seasoning salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture evenly over the chicken pieces, coating both sides.
- Place in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes
- Using tongs, turn the pieces over and bake for another 20 minutes!
- Whip up a garden salad, a vegetable such as baked potato or glazed carrots and you have a delicious meal in minutes.
Thanks Sandy for dropping by…eliminating chicken and turkey limits your prep choices, so I have to hand it to you for your originality in preparing your dinners. 😉
Unfortunately, if left to my own devices…I could eat fried chicken every day! ;0..but that is not very healthy, is it.
Kari, the recipe sounds mouth watering, but my hubby won’t eat chicken, or turkey, so unless I’m having a family gathering I won’t fix it. My favorite part of the chicken is the thigh, leg and any other dark meat I can find. lol Also, I like mine fried best, too.