Lasagna In A Cup!
Would you like something different to take to a tail-gating party?
Football season is definitely here and I am always looking for new ideas of foods to take or make at home.
Try these large lasagna in a cup…they travel well and are very easy to make.
Wrap Italian bread in foil (keeps it warm) and a garden salad and your tail-gating just went up a notch from hamburgers and hot dogs.
Add the ingredients of your choice….you could add an additional meat to the lasagna by browning a bit of ground beef, but I have found the bacon is enough meat for us.
The Captain loves the convenience of eating a parchment wrapped cup and by pre-baking at home…the prep is already done.
Of course, you could place the lasagna cups on a grill at the stadium….just make it easy on yourself.
My dear readers, Do you like to tail-gate?
OR are you content with watching football from home?
Lots of college football on the tube today…and the NFL tomorrow!
Go Chiefs! 😉
- 4 pre-cooked (al dente) lasagna noodles
- 4 pre-cooked slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Set a 5x5-inch square of parchment paper into a large muffin tin.
- Cut the lasagna noodles into 3 wide cuts (per each pasta strip)
- Slice tomato into 4 thick slices and dice remainder.
- Place 1 slice of tomato into bottom of each muffin cup and layer lasagna squares alternating with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Mix together the diced tomatoes, bacon, salt, pepper, basil and oil.
- Divide marinara and tomato mixture over layered squares of lasagna and cheeses.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake 35-45 minutes, removing foil during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- These are like little cups of lasagna....add as much or as little of the cheeses, bacon, sauce, basil and tomato to your liking.
- Makes a great picnic or tailgating meal.
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.