Walnut Apple Salad or Apple Walnut Salad!
Add a cranberry vinaigrette and you have one of the best salads…ever!
It doesn’t matter if you call it apple walnut or walnut apple….it is delish.
You can make up the cranberry vinaigrette ahead of time and it will be ready when it is time to serve.
I also like the red onions combined with the prettiness of the pinkish vinaigrette…it is just…well, pretty!
And we know we eat with our eyes first!
And since Spring is just around the corner….yes, Boston even for you…we hope…:) This salad just screams Spring and light lunches!.
The printable recipe is below and serves about 4.
- Apple Walnut Salad2015-02-28 13:56:25This crisp salad is so pretty with the greens and red onions and cranberry colors. I love the toasted walnuts and the crunch they add.Write a reviewIngredients
- 1/2 cup whole walnuts (you can half or chop into pieces)
- 2 tablespoons whole cranberries (or you can use canned whole cranberries...your choice)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup red onion (I like small rings but you can chop them.)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, rinsed and dried
- 1 medium Red Delicious sliced apple
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Spread the walnuts in a single layer in a non stick skillet and toast lightly.
- Meanwhile, place cranberries, vinegar, onion, sugar, and mustard into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, while gradually adding in the oil
- Toss the greens and apples together in a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and serve the cranberry mixture on the side or pour over the salad
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
- You can also toast the walnuts in a 350 degree oven by spreading walnuts on a sheet pan. You don't have to toast the walnuts...however, it just makes this salad a little bit more scrumptious!