My dear readers….I am sure you are thinking “is she going to talk about Fall/Autumn again?” AND…you would be right…she is.
I have told you that I am so “into” Fall this year and all I want to do is cook and bake comfort foods.
Perhaps it is the cooler weather as our temperatures have dropped a bit and the humidity has dwindled and the evenings are wonderfully crisp and…..well, you get the picture!
One of the fun things to do here in our neck of the woods… is to go on the Murder Mystery Dinner Train!
Now, I am sure you are saying to yourself…Murder? On a train? Really? Is that really fun?...and I am here to tell you that it is fun… because it is a comedy act performed by a cast of theater performers! And the best part is we are served wonderful food as we ride the rails swaying to the clickity-clack of the wheels on the railroad tracks.
Shades of Agatha Christie and the Orient Express!!!! Click on this link regarding my fascination of the railroad and you will see how “in-to-it” I am. 😉
But I digress a bit….the Captain and I took the Murder Mystery Dinner Train….just the two of us! You see, we are usually taking guests as it is great entertainment and we haven’t had any complaints yet. (the comedy skits change so one isn’t seeing the same mystery twice)….and the menus change. Autumn soups on the train include squash and pumpkin soup.
Which brings me to two pumpkin recipes I have for you today.
Today, it is all about pumpkin! And spices! And everything nice!
Sorry, I got a bit carried away.
This pumpkin soup is really delish…almost tastes like pumpkin pie with a bit of New Mexico spice. Now, you know I had to get a little bit of New Mexico flair in there somewhere, didn’t you?
And the second pumpkin recipe is from a dear friend of mine who is on Weight Watchers, ….which by the way…she has lost over 25 pounds…so I say good for her! The cupcake recipe is from her Weight Watchers recipes.
I hope you try these recipes and perhaps use them for your Thanksgiving or Autumn/Fall meal. I am sure your guests will enjoy it. Really!!! 😉 Trust me!!!! 😉
Have a great Fall/Autumn day!
- 1 ( 15 oz) can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup egg beaters
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup ( 2%) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 tablespoon Cool Whip Free
- Preheat oven to 350 and line with
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, egg beaters, evaporated milk and vanilla
- In a separate bowl mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix until blended and smooth.
- For your muffin tin, use silicone liners or foil liners sprayed with nonstick spray. If you are not using liners, spray your pan with nonstick spray.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full and bake 20 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes and top with Cool Whip Free and a dash of fresh nutmeg.
- This recipe came from my Yodeling friend who has lost a considerable amount of weight.....:)
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.