If you are talking about the World Series of Baseball (as I am)…today is the first day of this match-up between the Kansas City Royals and the New York Mets. Yeah!!!!
AND I have a very easy peasy recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Marmalade that is so good…you really should make it…I mean, if you want something to be cooking away…filling your kitchen with great smells of all kinds of goodness…. plus, a moist kind of sweet and savory chicken that bursts with flavor-town in your mouth.
Sorry, to get so excited about chicken….but this is a special day! AND I needed a recipe for this exciting day!
I think you can tell that I am excited! Did I say that I was excited?
Well, I am and I am so excited to watch this series of games that I knew I didn’t want to be in the kitchen cooking ….and that is where my crock pot comes in. I love crock pots! They are such a convenience and a great time saver. Did I say that this crock pot chicken is…well…pretty too? The marmalade gives this chicken a shiny glaze and remember that we eat with our eyes first.
I prefer chicken thighs over breasts as I think they are tastier. I have always chosen thighs! It is what I do! The Captain chooses breasts, he prefers the white meat, so it is a perfect union. Except for the times I make a meal of all chicken thighs …which is what I did for this crock pot meal. I think the marmalade made up for the fact that there was no chicken breasts. You could substitute chicken breasts for the chicken thighs….or cook both. Don’t ya just love choices?
I do use the low sodium soy sauce because it can be quite salty…but I do think it really adds to the pretty glazing of orange marmalade and the barbecue sauce. As you can see, I also use low sugar orange marmalade and KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce….Gosh, I have to have KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce, right? I mean if I can’t be in Kansas City for the game….I better be using a KC sauce.
However, I do have a small confession to make. I added a bit of Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce just to “bling” it up a bit! GEE!, how did that bottle of Guinness get in that photo? Hmmmmmm……:)
#LetsGoRoyals! #TaketheCrown! #ForeverRoyal! #BoysinBlue! #BoysofOctober!
Are you ready for some baseball? This house certainly is. I made up a little salsa for some chips and dip…have the popcorn and crackerjacks and peanuts all ready. I am ready for the familiar phrase…..Play Ball!!!
Below is the handy dandy printable recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Marmalade…
Right now I am humming and singing
“take me out to the ball game
take me out with the crowd
just buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks, I don’t care if I never get back….Let me root, root, root for the
If they don’t win, it’s a shame.
For it’s one, two, three strikes, you’re out,
At the old ball game.”
Hugs to all of you! 😉
- 4 Boneless Chicken Thighs or Breasts (I prefer thighs because I think they are more flavorful)
- 3/4 cup Orange Marmalade
- 3/4 cup of BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce (I use low sodium)
- Place the chicken pieces in a crock pot or slow cooker (on high) and cook for about 3 hours
- Remove the lid and the chicken from the pot and set aside
- Remove the chicken drippings from the crock pot
- Keeping the pot on high, add the Bar B Q sauce, Orange Marmalade and Soy Sauce, mixing thoroughly
- Nestle the chicken pieces in the marmalade mixture turning to coat each piece
- Place the lid back on the crock pot and cook for approximately 25-30 more minutes.
- This chicken is so moist and tender and simply delicious. Any side dish works great or you can serve over rice.