Crock Pot Easy…..my dear readers….the big Turkey day is tomorrow and today is another easy crock pot recipe for dinner tonight.
First…do you like cheeseburgers? Of course you do, who doesn’t?
Do you like Jalapeno Dip?
And do you like Soup? I have to hold my hand up high for that one because I simply love soups.
This recipe combines the three and it all goes together in a crock pot making it a cook-by-itself meal! So while you chop or dice veggies for tomorrow’s big Day….or if you are traveling, perhaps you are packing and unpacking and…well, you get the picture…just toss this soup together and your dinner is ready for tonight! Add a loaf of french bread or some soft tortillas, perhaps a little pica de gallo and yummy!
So I will make this short and sweet…ok, the recipe is not sweet tasting, but it is a bit spicy with the jalapenos….which you can adjust to your taste.
Enjoy my dear readers….and do not stress out before Thanksgiving Day…or during Thanksgiving Day or after Thanksgiving Day….Just Enjoy the Holiday!
I certainly will! ;0
- 4 medium sized potatoes, diced
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup jalapeno, diced (optional, but it is sooooo good)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16 oz.) package Velveeta processed cheese, cubed OR 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cilantro for garnish
- Brown ground beef in heavy skillet along with onions, carrots, celery and Jalapeno. Cook just until the pink is gone from ground beef and drain off any excess grease
- Add ground beef mixture to a crock pot along with the potatoes, dried basil, parsley and chicken broth
- Cover the crock pot and turn on high for 4 hours or the low heat for 6 hours
- For the thickening of the soup, melt butter in a sauce pan and whisk in the flour. Keep over heat, stirring until the mixture is starting to bubble
- Add in the milk, salt and pepper. Continue stirring until the flour mixture is a thick consistency Pour the thickened mixture into the crock pot, mixing all the ingredients together
- Add the cubed Velveeta cheese or shredded cheese, mixing to combine
- Cover the crock pot with the lid and cook for another 30 minutes, making sure all the cheese is melted and incorporated
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top before serving!
- If you prefer, you can wait to add the well drained ground beef after the veggies have cooked for 4 hours in the crock pot...your choice.