Yes, my dear readers….there are only 11 days until Christmas!
I also know there are so many variations of a Mexican Casserole…I believe I have at least 4 or 5 recipes listed under Main Dishes on this Blog….so this recipe is just a bit different than some.
I am always ready to do a variation of any casserole because …well, because I love casseroles.
And I particularly love Mexican Casseroles. I just can’t get enough of them. I love spicy and the below recipe is a not so spicy BUT it can become real spicy….if you know what I mean. You can add Tabasco Sauce or green chiles or just about anything to give the casserole a little kick….or not. 🙂
OK?…also, most people like Mexican food (or Tex-Mex) in this case and this casserole goes together in nothing flat.
So if you come home from work or shopping for gifts, you can pop this in the oven…wrap a few presents and then sit down to eat and relax for the rest of the evening.
And the clean-up is easy and I am all for an easy clean-up!
Below is the handy dandy printable recipe for Tex-Mex Taco Casserole. I hope you like it!
Have a Blessed week.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Several Shakes of Tabasco Sauce (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon of chopped green chiles (Optional)
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 can re-fried beans
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 3 cups shredded Mexican Cheeses or Cheddar Cheese
- Brown the ground beef along with the onion until the beef is no longer pink (if your beef produced fat, drain using a strainer and return to the skillet)
- Add the package of taco seasoning, Tabasco Sauce, green chiles and the re-fried beans to the ground beef, mixing well
- Next combine the cream of mushroom soup with the sour cream in a small bowl (this is one of your layers)
- Using a 9X13 casserole dish, add half of the sour cream mixture to the bottom
- Cut each of the tortillas in half and arrange the 6 tortilla halves over the sour cream/soup mixture overlapping if necessary
- Add half of the ground beef/re-fried bean mix over the tortillas
- Sprinkle cheese liberally over the top of the meat mixture
- Repeat with the soup/sour cream, tortillas and the beef/beans and ending with the cheese
- Bake uncovered, at 350°F for about 20-30 minutes
- Serve with Shredded Lettuce, Chopped Scallions, Diced Tomatoes, Salsa, Pica de Gallo, Guacamole, or any other sauce you prefer