My dear readers…..if you are a sports fan like myself…you were very excited Saturday night! Why? you may ask? What was so special about Saturday night? Kansas Jayhawk Basketball of course! AND a win over the Kentucky Wildcats!
But….. let’s talk Sports food! I associate any sporting game with good, easy to eat food. Believe me when I say there is nothing like a tail gate party right in your own home …if you can’t make it out to the sports arena OR …if perhaps you don’t watch sports, but you still like a great snacking food. I mean, you don’t have to like sports to have good eats!
Next week-end is the Super Bowl and there are so many recipes out there, that it is very difficult to choose just which foods to make. Soooo for this week, I will be showing you a few great ideas for your Super Bowl eating….or for whatever the occasion you choose.
The following recipe is a winner! It involves chicken wings and a wonderful Thai sauce that caramelizes into the wings and I am telling you it makes these wings just melt in your mouth. More, Please!
I’ve made these several times and the Captain gave it a big thumbs up for our Super Bowl tailgating party. Check out the steps below…easy peasy! Fresh Pineapple and Mango Salsa…YUM! A great accent to have on the side of the main wings!
Are you planning a Super Bowl Party at your house Sunday?
Share please…..I would love to hear about it.
Have a great Monday!
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!! KU!!!
Sorry, I just couldn’t help myself!
- 2-3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or you can use coconut oil)
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4-1 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 small mango, diced
- 1 small red chili pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- salt to taste if needed (I don't salt my Pineapple Mango Salsa)
- For Pineapple Mango Salsa, combine the pineapple, mango, red chili pepper, cilantro, and lime juice (salt is optional) Cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- For Wings: In a large bowl add the wings, oil and salt. *Mix with your hands to coat each wing and spread on a rack which has been placed over a foiled sheet pan. Transfer to a preheated 400 degree oven.
- Bake wings until nice and crispy (about 45 minutes) and remove to paper towels to drain. (save your baking rack and sheet)
- For Sauce: In a large bowl, combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, Thai chili sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, and brown sugar...whisking together until smooth (at this point I like to taste the sauce to see if I should add more Thai chili sauce)
- Add half of the wings to the sauce, mixing to coat each wing
- Lay the sauced wings on the wire rack, repeating this process until all the wings are coated and on the rack. Transfer to the oven and bake until the sauce is starting to get glossy and lightly caramelized (this should take about 5–10 minutes depending on the heat of your oven.
- Remove the wings to serving dish and garnish if desired with chopped cilantro and lime slices (you could even add a few chopped peanuts)
- There should be sauce left over and if so, you can heat on top of the stove until warmed to serve on the side along with the salsa.
- *Place foil under the wire rack for easier clean-up
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.