A wonderful moist cake for any day.
Write a review
- 3 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs (well beaten)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups chopped apples (I use granny smith apples but you can use any apple)
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans.
- Stir eggs and oil (do not beat).
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture.
- Stir in chopped apples and chopped pecans.
- Add mixture to a greased and floured angel food or bundt cake pan. You could also put it in a 9X13 pan.
- Bake for 1 – 1 ½ hours.
- Do not over bake.
- Cake is delicious as is but you may also put a glaze of 2 Tablespoons of butter and ½ cup of brown sugar cooked over medium heat until bubbly and let it drip over the cake.
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/