Old Fashioned Chocolate Sour Cream Cookies
A soft mounded chocolate cookie w/ chocolate frosting.....yummy!
Write a review
- 1/2 cup shortening (I use Crisco)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Mix together shortening, sugar and eggs
- Melt unsweetened chocolate squares and add to the above.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder and salt
- Add to the wet mixture
- Add nuts if desired.
- Chill dough one hour
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes
- When cool, frost with frosting by swirling a small amount atop each cookie
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 cup Carnation milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar can be used as a substitute for the sour cream.
- If frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar
- If frosting is too thick, add more milk
- Frosting should be a thick consistency to be able to swirl atop each cookie. I don't frost the whole cookie....just a dab on top.
- Yields about 5 dozen cookies
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/