This Recipe of Fudge Cupcakes with Red Hot Frosting is so easy to make and they are so good!
Fudge Cupcakes with Red Hot Frosting!
A delicious fudgy cupcake with a powdered sugar frosting topped with red hots.
Write a review
- 3 one ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup of milk
- Melt chocolate, either in double boiler or microwave, being careful not to scorch
- Combine the cooled melted chocolate, 1 well beaten egg and 2/3 cup of sugar in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool.
- In a separate bowl, Stir shortening to soften.
- Gradually add 1 cup sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Sift flour, soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with 2/3 cup of milk, a small amount at a time.
- Beat after each addition until smooth
- Blend in chocolate mixture
- Spoon batter into paper lined cupcake/muffin tins...filling 1/2 full... Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Bake in 350 degree oven
- 1 cup powdered sugar, 3 Tablespoons milk, 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla, Cinnamon red hot candies
- Mix to the desired spreading consistency.
- Frost the cupcakes and use cinnamon red hot candies to decorate the top of the cupcake.
- I like to use an ice cream scoop to get the batter into the cups. Makes less of a mess and is a little quicker than using a spoon.
- The red hots make an interesting addition to the cupcakes. Something crunchy and good tasting too.
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.