I love this moist Banana Nut Bread! It takes just a few minutes to whip up and it is always a no fail recipe.
I make it on Holidays…. as well as when I make breakfast for overnight guests. So good warm or cold!
Banana Nut Bread
Write a review
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (the blacker the banana peelthe better)
- 1 3/4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with banana mixture
- Stir in chopped walnuts if desired
- Mix until well blended
- Pour into a well greased 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2 inch loaf pan
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a cooling rack
- Serve warm or cold!
- Love this quick bread recipe. Try it and you will make it often.
- When my bananas start to get a few black spots, I pop them in the freezer. I pull them out to make this bread...it takes no time to thaw and I can easily mash with a fork. The darker the banana, the sweeter it becomes.
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
Thanks Sandy for the heads up..I will check into the print button. It has been working, but one never knows. 😉
Kari, has anyone told you the print button doesn’t work? I had to print this the normal way.