Moon Pie! The “crust” for this recipe sort of looks like a lunar landscape because it is full of craters!
This recipe was given to me by “Only Daughter” about 6 or 7 years ago. The great thing is you can use any flavor of pudding, as long as it is instant pudding.
Only Daughter used to make this on a regular basis when the two grand daughters were small. Now, I am sure they want to watch their girlish figures, but it is ok to have a treat like this once in a while!
Remember those ladies on the Titanic….I bet they wished they had not passed up the dessert cart the evening the ship sank!! 😉
This is another quick and easy recipe!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 small packages of instant pudding
- 1 cup flour
- 1 8 ounce softened cream cheese
- 1 large carton of cool whip
- Chocolate Syrup
- Sprinkle of Walnuts or pecans (optional)
- In a sauce pan, combine water and butter
- Bring to a boil
- Add flour all at once and stir rapidly until mixture forms a ball
- Remove from heat and cool
- Add 4 well beaten eggs to the cooled mixture, a little at a time. (You can add each egg separately if you like)
- Mix well
- Spread on ungreased 11 X 15 sheet pan
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes
- Cool baked crust before adding the pudding...mixture should look lumpy like the moon's surface.
- Meanwhile, mix the two packages of pudding according to package directions.(any flavor you choose...I chose vanilla).
- Add the cream cheese and blend well.
- Spread smoothly on the crust and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before proceeding.
- Remove from fridge and spread cool whip generously on top.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup on top and sprinkle with chopped nuts of your choice if desired.
- Only Daughter used to make this on a regular basis when the two grand daughters were small. Now, I am sure they want to watch their girlish figures, but it is ok to have a treat like this once in a while!
- Remember those ladies on the Titanic....I bet they wished they had not passed up the dessert cart the evening the ship sank!! 😉
Brenda ....only daughter says
Easy and fast. Taste sooooooo good! I did make it right before c-mas, I’m off the next few days soooo I might have to make it.
It’s sooooooo delicious. I think I want some now 😉
I really like it because it is an easy way to make a cream puff like dessert….and you are right….so delicious!
It does sound good and not difficult to make. lol You know me; easy does it.
It is simple Sandy! I wonder when the last time Only Daughter made this? I have a feeling she will be chiming in soon….