How about a Raspberry Tequila Sangria along with your Mexican food?
I really like any type of Sangria, I guess because of all the fruit slices. There is no right or wrong way to make Sangria…let your imagination take over…use whatever fruit you have on hand!
I’ve never met a Sangria I didn’t like….and they are so pretty with colorful slices of oranges, lemons, limes
Let me know what you think of this recipe!
- 2 oranges, cut in half
- 3 limes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 cups ice
- 1 bag (10-12 oz) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 1 cup silver tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1 bottle pink champagne or sparkling wine
- 4 cups chilled lemon-lime soda
- Juice one orange and two limes to measure 1/4 cup juice each.
- Combine juices and sugar in micro-safe bowl
- Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Thinly slice remaining orange and lime.
- Add ice, juice mixture, orange and lime slices, raspberries, tequila and triple sec to a large Pitcher; stir.
- Add champagne and soda.
- Stir well
- 12 Servings
- Mexican food just calls for Sangria....you can make it sweet or you can make it sour....I like to set a pretty table with Mexican pottery that I have had for years. Add a small sombrero with a colorful Mexican table runner and a large clear pitcher of Sangria......yummy!