This is one of the recipes on the menu for the Captain and I…Our Valentine’s Day Menu.
Come on…say you will try this recipe if you think you do not like Brussel Sprouts..:)
Brussel Sprouts have gotten a bad rap and I have to confess that I didn’t care too much for them until I tried this recipe and kicked it up a notch….Now, I make them frequently.
I really like roasting vegetables….the flavor is so enhanced….I find that when I roast potatoes, onions and carrots in this same manner, I receive many complements!
Try them and let me know if you like this simple recipe.
Roasted Buttery Brussel Sprouts
A delicious Brussel Sprout that you soon will add as a regular "go to" recipe.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 pounds of Brussel Sprouts, trimmed of yellow leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, olive oil, butter, salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly, and shake to coat.
- Pour onto a baking sheet, and place on center oven rack.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning. Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning. Brussels sprouts should have some dark color but not be black.
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
Next time you make sprouts for hubby…take a nibble! You might be surprised! 😉
Hubby likes brussel sprouts, but I don’t care for them. This sounds interesting though.