This is a quick and simple recipe that my Mother made for our family over and over again. I followed in her footsteps and on those evenings when you need to make something quick…this fills the bill.
I won’t waste time elaborating…I will get right into the recipe. Remember it is printable too!
Yummy recipe for canned Salmon
Write a review
- 1 can (16 ounces) of pink salmon
- 1/2 cup of finely diced onion (optional)
- Black Pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 sleeve of saltine crackers that have been crushed (I crush by hand or you can use a blender or rolling pin)
- Drain one can of pink salmon
- Pick out any bones ( they can be eaten as they are already pressurized ) but I prefer not to eat them.... I call the picking out the bones ....picking the salmon! How original huh?
- Put salmon in a bowl
- Add 1 beaten egg
- Add the onion
- Add the crushed crackers
- Mix gently with a fork
- With your hands form salmon into patties as large or as small as desired
- Spray Pam in non stick skillet and heat to medium heat
- Lightly Brown patties, being careful to get a good crust on each side so the patties don't fall apart when they are turned over!
- Salmon is already cooked so you are just cooking the mixture ....
- Quick and easy!
- Depending on how big your patties are...you can make six patties from one can of salmon.
- This is such a quick recipe, there is no reason not to make it! 😉
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
In your sleep Sandy…teehehe!thanks for commenting!
It’s so simple, I bet I could do it. Smile!