Scalloped Corn…just like my grandmother used to make. This recipe has been around for years….It is great for a complete meal in the oven such as Meat Loaf, Baked Potatoes, Broccoli and Cheese, Roasted Chicken….you get the idea! 🙂 Comfort Food!
Or Grill Fish, make a Garden Salad and pop the scalloped corn in the oven! Yummy!
Grandma's Scalloped Corn
Delicious country style creamed corn casserole, a family favorite!
Write a review
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter one 8x11x2 inch casserole dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the creamed corn, whole corn kernals, eggs, 1/4 cup of the melted butter and 1/2 of the cracker crumbs.
- Pour mixture in into the prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining melted butter, cracker crumbs, paprika and pepper. Sprinkle crumb topping over the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, until topping browns slightly and corn is bubbly around the edges.
- Simple Recipe and a quick potluck dish ...this was a regular dish at our table. You can use frozen corn or fresh corn on the cob (kernels removed of course) but you might have to add more crackers to make up for added water...depends on your taste.
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.