This is an easy recipe that can be prepared the night before and cooked on low in the crock pot. Or put on high for 4 hours.
You can add chopped pieces of ham and shredded cheese if desired. A very adaptable recipe.
I use this recipe for some Holiday Dinners when I don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen when guests are arriving.
Printable recipe is below.
Scalloped Potatoes in a Crock Pot
Put all ingredients in the crock pot and set it and forget it. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Write a review
- 6 large Idaho potatoes sliced
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- Place 1/3 of the sliced Potatoes in bottom of crock pot
- Add 1/3 of the chopped onion
- Mix the soups together and add 1/3 of the soups on top of the onion
- Salt and pepper that layer
- Continue with another 1/3 layer of each ingredient ending with the salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and turn the crock pot to low.
- Cook for 8 hours. do not remove the lid as it lengthens the cook time.
- I make this on Holidays or when I don't want to spend time in the kitchen. The scalloped potatoes are not dry but a nice consistency. Sort of like creamy. 🙂
- Add chunks of Ham or shredded cheddar cheese or both for variation.
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.