Irish Creams! Yummy goodness and so easy to put together….How about a nice treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
Chocolate slice and bake wafers filled with luscious homemade buttercream make a delicious combination and the printable recipe is below.
Another of the favorites in this home!
Chocolate slice and bake wafers filled with luscious homemade buttercream make a delicious combination.
Write a review
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Irish cream liqueur**
- Combine 3/4 cup butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, cocoa and salt.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half; shape each half on lightly floured surface into 8-inch long square log with 1 1/2-inch sides.
- Wrap in plastic food wrap; refrigerate until firm (2 hours or overnight).
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Cut logs into 1/4-inch square slices with sharp, serrated knife.
- Place squares 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until set.
- Combine powdered sugar and 1/4 cup butter in small bowl.
- Beat at low speed, adding enough liqueur for desired spreading consistency.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon filling on cookie, top with second cookie.
- Press together gently.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired..
- **Substitute 2 to 3 teaspoons very strong brewed coffee.
- Make sure not to slice the cookie dough too thick or the cookies will not be crisp.
You can make the cookies ahead of time which makes this recipe even easier to assemble when needed
- Prepare cookies as directed; cool completely. Freeze in airtight container up to 1 month. When ready to use, thaw cookies completely. Prepare filling and assemble cookie sandwiches as directed
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
I guess I’m not hungry this morning yet. lol