Irish Creams! Yummy goodness and so easy to put together….How about a nice treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
Chocolate slice and bake wafers filled with luscious homemade buttercream make a delicious combination and the printable recipe is below.
Another of the favorites in this home!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Irish cream liqueur**
- Combine 3/4 cup butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, cocoa and salt.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half; shape each half on lightly floured surface into 8-inch long square log with 1 1/2-inch sides.
- Wrap in plastic food wrap; refrigerate until firm (2 hours or overnight).
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Cut logs into 1/4-inch square slices with sharp, serrated knife.
- Place squares 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until set.
- Combine powdered sugar and 1/4 cup butter in small bowl.
- Beat at low speed, adding enough liqueur for desired spreading consistency.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon filling on cookie, top with second cookie.
- Press together gently.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired..
- **Substitute 2 to 3 teaspoons very strong brewed coffee.
- Make sure not to slice the cookie dough too thick or the cookies will not be crisp.
- Prepare cookies as directed; cool completely. Freeze in airtight container up to 1 month. When ready to use, thaw cookies completely. Prepare filling and assemble cookie sandwiches as directed