Making tiramisu and your market doesn’t have lady fingers…Here is a recipe for ladyfingers that will save your tiramisu.
If you prefer chocolate, there is a remedy for that too…check out the printable recipe below.
Tiramisu and no ladyfingers? Make these home made ladyfingers if you can't find the ready made kind. Yummy!
Write a review
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two 17 x 12 inch baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Fit large pastry bag with a plain 1/2 inch round tube.
- Place egg whites in bowl and beat on high until soft peaks start to form.
- Slowly add 2 tablespoons of the sugar and continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- In another bowl beat egg yolks and remaining sugar.
- Whip until thick and very pale in color.
- Sift flour and baking powder together on a sheet of wax paper.
- Fold half the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Fold in flour, and then add the remaining egg whites.
- Transfer mixture to pastry bag and pipe out onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- To make Chocolate Lady Fingers, substitute 3/4 cup all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder for the all-purpose flour."
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.