Berries N’ Cream Crunch work not only as a breakfast… but can also work as a dessert!
It is that good!
AND it is red, white and blue…just in time for the upcoming Holidays!
This recipe has been around a long time and it is so easy to modify it to what you have on hand or what you prefer.
Isn’t that what makes for a good recipe?
Substitution of ingredients is sort of second nature to me.
Since starting this Blog, I have really jumped right in on making the food I make just a little bit better than the original.
Sometimes, it doesn’t work out as well as I would have liked…but the Captain is my biggest cheerleader!
He tells me a recipe is great but then he might say …what if you add cinnamon? 🙂
I really appreciate his input and the good news is…he likes everything I make.
Well, that is not quite true…
He does not like squash! I made a squash soup and he hesitantly ate it, but I could tell it was not his favorite! 🙂
About midway through the meal, he all of a sudden became so full that he couldn’t finish the soup! 😉
The Berries N’ Cream Crunch recipe below is always “finished”….by both of us!
Try it and let me know how you like it.
- 3 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 (1.5 ounce) envelope instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries, mixed
- 3/4 cups granola cereal or Grape-Nuts™
- 1 cup blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries, mixed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- Combine the yogurt and pudding mix in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of the mixed berries and the cereal until blended.
- Pour the yogurt and berry mixture into an 8 X 8 inch baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining 1 cup of berries in a medium bowl and slightly mash with a fork. (optional on the mashing)
- Add lemon juice.
- Set mixture aside
- Spoon chilled berry-yogurt mixture into serving dishes.
- Top with a spoonful of mashed berries (or not mashed), and whipped cream
- You can vary the fruits to include whatever you have on hand. I have also experimented with the sugar free puddings i.e: the sugar free instant cheesecake pudding is delicious! Tastes more like cheesecake!
- If you feel you need a sweetener, try using a bit of honey added to the berry mash (or not mashed)! 😉
- I have also put a small amount of the granola in the bottom of the parfait glass and layered the strawberry/yogurt mixture and the whipped cream. Your choice!