With warmer weather out thoughts turn to grilling and this chicken teriyaki is great on the grill.
The recipe calls for the chicken to marinate which infuses the chicken with the sauce and makes it simply delish!
Add slices of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers from your garden and tall glasses of iced tea with lemon slices and you are set!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (or chicken thighs or legs)
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- dash of ground ginger
- Place chicken, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, honey, pineapple juice and sesame oil in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal bag, and shake to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for 24 hours, turning every so often.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Remove chicken from bag, discarding any remaining marinade
- Grill for 6 to 8 minutes each side, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
- This can be marinated for 4 hours or 24 hours. It works either way. You can also grill under the broiler if you don't want to grill outside. But it tastes so good right off the grill.