Prosciutto Basil Crostini is a quick and easy appetizer…for indoor or outdoor party guests…or just for two!
I grow basil in my Secret Garden and can not imagine being without it.
I can toss together an appetizer in two shakes of a lambs tail…add a nice bottle of wine and the Captain and I are set for a wonderful evening by the pool.
- 1/2 small baguette (about 8 ounces), cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush both sides of each bread slice with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven until pale golden, about 7 minutes per side. Transfer sheet to a wire rack; let crostini cool completely.
- Divide basil leaves and folded slices of prosciutto among crostini. Drizzle with oil. Season with pepper.