Chipotle Salmon with Buttermilk Yogurt Sauce!
Nope, not at all…just cook the salmon…whip up the easy sauce and Serve!
Quick and easy and healthy for you too.
I like to spice up my salmon and experiment with flavors and sauces.
The Captain likes his salmon grilled and I have found that by adding a little chipotle powder to the salmon fillets before cooking gives them a completely different taste.
Add a little chipotle powder to an ordinary sauce and it broadens the creamy with spicy.
The chipotle powder gives a little kick and spice to the salmon and when combined with the buttermilk/ranch/yogurt sauce makes this entree a keeper.
Great combination of flavors.
Try this salmon recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 1.2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cipotle powder
- 4 6 ounc sockeye salmon fillets
- salt and pepper1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dill
- Remove the skin on the salmon fillet (or have your fish monger remove it)
- Don't forget to check your fillets for those pesky tiny bones.
- In a medium bowl, whisk dry ranch mix, buttermilk, yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle powder until blended and set aside.
- Preheat large skillet or grill pan on medium high heat about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle salmon fillets (on both sides) with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of chipotle powder
- Add oil to skillet and add salmon.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side until salmon is opaque (about 145 degrees if using a meat thermometer) The fillet should separate easily.
- Top the salmon with the Buttermilk Yogurt Sauce and sprinkle with dill...
- Save the remainder of the sauce in small bowl for additional sauce at the table
- I like to use sockeye or coho salmon ....
- You can substitute chile powder for the chipotle powder and chives for the dill.
- Experiment and come up with what ever combination you like. 🙂
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.