Tijeras Wraps are simple to make with simple ingredients! Most likely you have everything in your pantry…except for the avocado perhaps.
It is almost like making a BLT (Bacon, lettuce and tomato) with a couple extra ingredients.
I like to use turkey bacon but you can use the bacon of your choice.
I like Jenny-O turkey bacon and I have to tell you that I had over night guests (Mickey and Minnie from Orlando) for breakfast and they thought it was pork bacon. They had to see the package to believe it was not regular bacon.
Minnie takes a little convincing and she was sold on the turkey bacon! 🙂 (Luv ya Minnie!!!)
I found a chipotle ranch sauce made by Hickory Farms at my market and the Captain loves the spicy sauce so much that I put it on most sandwiches….. however, you may substitute ranch salad dressing if you do not care for spicy.
Try these wraps with a slightly different flare….avocado, onion and chipotle added to the bacon, lettuce and tomato and you have a very fulfilling lunch.
- 8 slices turkey bacon (I use Jenny-O)
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas (you can use whole wheat)
- 4 tablespoons Chipotle Ranch Sauce or Ranch-style salad dressing
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and finely diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Place turkey bacon in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Warm tortillas in microwave oven for 30 to 45 seconds, or until soft. Spread 1 tablespoon Chipotle Ranch Sauce (or Ranch dressing) down the center of each tortilla. Layer crumbled bacon, avocado, tomato, onion and lettuce over the dressing. Roll the tortilla by tucking in the bottom and wrapping like a jelly roll.
- You can also cook the bacon on a cookie sheet (on a rack) in the oven. Less mess.
- I like to use turkey bacon because it is healthier and I believe it tastes even better.
- If you would rather not bite into a "chunk" of avocado, (my twins do not like biting down on avacodo, though they like guacamole) you can mash the avocado or chop in a very fine dice and mix with the chipotle ranch sauce.