Blueberry-Lemon Bread! I love blueberries and I love lemon, combine the two and BINGO! a great bread to add to your pumpkin and banana bread recipe file.
The recipe is very simple and if you want to glaze (and why not) …your blueberry-lemon bread will just melt in your mouth. 😉
If you would like…you can bake the recipe in cupcake wrappers….whatever is your fancy!
However, it is simpler…and easier… to put the batter into a loaf pan. simply yummy!
The Captain is very fond of breads…and I am very fond of him, so I tend to make breads of every variety.
There is a wonderful apple bread recipe that I will be adding in a later post…talk about yummy! 🙂
I love to cut a small slice….OK…a large slice…and take the bread and my cup of hot tea to my Secret Garden in the early morning hours…and just enjoy the goodness of the bread.
It is my quiet time…a time to reflect and have my daily devotions.
For those of you who are into yoga….it is a pretty much like that. A very needed meditation that gives me energy for the rest of my day.
The early morning hours find the birds singing their “hello’s overhead….mostly a particular mockingbird that has a sound just like a cat’s meow.
I always look around for kitty kitty, only to find it is that beautiful bird with his beautiful mocking sound of a kitten.:)
And then there are the butterflies!
I have always loved butterflies in my Secret Garden…!
I love to watch them flutter silently from flower to flower.
Below are just a few butterflies that I viewed this morning….their name following their glorious colors!
Yellow, (Cloudless Sulphur)
Blue, (Blue Morphos)
black and yellow (Giant Swallowtail),
black and white (Zebra Longwing)
Black and yellow and orange, (Painted Lady…not to be confused with the Monarch Butterfly…:)
and of course the beautiful monarch!
It makes me happy to see them and I always smile and greet them.
OK…you know I am weird like that! 🙂
But I do love nature.
If you make this blueberry-lemon bread recipe, let me know your thoughts about it.
Also, do you have a time for meditation in your busy days?
I would love to hear about it, if you do.
Enjoy your wonderful Monday!
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F and grease the bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan.(I use a cooking spray)
- In medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. (or you can do it by hand)
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, sour cream, lemon zest and juice. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in 3/4 cup of the blueberries and add the walnuts if desired.
- Spoon batter into pan and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup blueberries on top.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely before adding the glaze.
- In small bowl, mix the lemon juice, melted butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over loaf, letting the bread set for a few minutes to allow the glaze to firm up.
- This is sooooo good. The sour cream makes this very moist and very good.