Crock Pot Chicken Salad!
Fall Weather conjures up images of soups simmering on the back of the stove or even better….crock pot recipes, which allow for the wonderful aromas coming from the kitchen as the food cooks low and slow.
This recipe comes from the Church Potluck Cook Book that I described in another post.
I have been to many church potlucks and I find this crock pot chicken salad disappears quickly from the buffet table.
How easy is it to plop everything into the crock pot and serve?
I like the fact that you can set it and forget it and the chicken salad is served warm.
You could serve it cold if that is the way you prefer your chicken salad….and most times I do make a cold chicken salad.
But the uniqueness of this recipe is that it is made and served from a crock pot or slow cooker.
I prefer to “mix-it-up” by using white meat and dark meat, preferably chicken thighs….but that is just a matter of choice.
And most likely, you have all the ingredients in your pantry.
Don’t you just love recipes that require very little prep?
Have a great and wonderful day…..
- 1 pkg boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- Into a crock pot, place chicken breasts and the chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or until meat easily begins to pull apart.
- Cool the chicken slightly, enough to allow you to use two forks and shred
- Remove the chicken broth from the crock pot and set aside
- Return shredded chicken to the crock pot and add the ranch dressing, grated Parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, lemon juice and the chopped onions.
- If the chicken salad appears too dry...add a little of the chicken broth.
- Serve immediately or chill if you prefer a "cooler" taste...but the warm chicken salad is really delicious.
- Serve on bibb lettuce, buns or crackers
- Add other ingredients as you choose like celery, tomatoes, red onion, mustard...the sky is the limit.