I have to admit that granola is growing on me….well, not actually growing on me personally in the literal sense, but I am liking granola more and more these days.
I made the Pumpkin Sheet Cake earlier in the week and I had a small amount of pumpkin left over and decided to make granola.
I have been eating granola for breakfast along with Almond Milk…I hardly ever drink milk, but I really like the original Almond Milk.
So, I started grabbing ingredients out of my pantry….dried cranberries, slivered almonds, oats and mixed them with the left over canned pumpkin and for grins and giggles, I added my home made Autumn Spice (Pumpkin) !!!!
(If you missed the Pumpkin Sheet Cake recipe and the Autumn Spice recipe…just click on the links above) 😉
Can I tell you that my house had the most wonderful smells of Autumn/Fall!!!
Wow! The Autumn Spice really brought the granola together….and the aroma made me want to go outside and build a bon-fire and roast marshmallows.
Of course, that would be frowned upon in this city….although the Captain and I do enjoy our outdoor fireplace and last evening we roasted marshmallows in the Secret Garden.
It was a cool evening as we sat around the fire….(of course, the Royals Baseball Game hadn’t started yet…8 p.m. our time)…! (We may of lost last night, but we will make it up tonight…I hope! 😉
We have the most magical laser lights in our Secret Garden…they look like little twinkling stars as they “sway” with the movement of palm fronds etc.
Don’t ya just love the crispness in the air these days?
I am so in the mood for baking and making home made stews…. that this Pumpkin Granola recipe is going to stay in my recipe box!
I have been working on ways to incorporate this granola into other recipes…..hmmmm…Cookies? Brownies? Muffins? Maybe a breakfast dish?
More to come….:)
Below is the handy dandy printable recipe which makes about 15 servings…depending on your serving size!
Have a great Sunday!
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup canned Pumpkin
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup dried Cranberries
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 cup sliced Almonds
- 2 & 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Salt to taste (Optional)
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet and heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix the Canola Oil, Maple Syrup, Pumpkin Puree, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Brown Sugar, Vanilla and Almond Extracts in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the sliced Almonds,Oats and Cranberries until evenly combined.
- Spread the granola mixture onto the parchment paper and bake for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally to allow for even heat distribution (you want the oats to dry out on all sides).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
- This granola will keep for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container....but I guarantee it won't last that long once you taste the blended flavors.
- This recipe can be doubled or tripled.....and is easily modified to your liking.