Cuppa Won Ton Chicken!
These are not a liquid won ton which is kind of what my title suggests.
Most people refer to a “cuppa” as a cup of tea or other strong beverage!
I like to refer to these easy to make little cups of chicken goodness as a cuppa because they really taste good and refresh.
And they are very easy to make if you have a bit of left over chicken and a few other ingredients.
Now that Halloween is over…believe me when I say the month of November is going to pass by quickly and this is a wonderful quick and easy way to make a delicious lunch or a mid-week dinner.
Studies show that this time of year can be very stressful….with Thanksgiving coming up and Christmas just around the corner.
So make it easy on yourself and try not to stress out…I know that is easier said then done! 🙂
The cuppa is light …almost like a wrap, but it is baked in the oven which frees up time to whip up a garden salad or make a cole slaw!
I am sure you have the ingredients on hand and you can substitute any meat for the chicken breasts or do as I like to do and combine the white meat with dark meat.
The Sriracha hot chili sauce really makes these little won ton wrappers Asian, but it can be very spicy.
If you would prefer something milder, use Heinze chili sauce….and it gives a sweeter flavor to the chicken.
I just think the sriracha gives more flavor to the little cups of filled won tons.
And they are cute and would make a wonderful light luncheon for friends!
Try them and let me know what you think, my dear readers!
Right now, it is cuppa tea time for me, so I will refill my cup of green tea and head for my Secret Garden!
Enjoy the Mid-Week Day!
- 24 Won Ton wrappers
- 3 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 of squeezed fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce (I use Heinz)
- 1/2 teaspoon of finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 sliced scallions, using the pretty green as well as the white part of the onion
- 1 cup of left-over chicken, diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray 24 mini muffin cups with Pam or your favorite cooking spray.
- Lightly press each won ton wrapper into each cup and give a quick spray of Pam.
- Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until each wrapper is a bit browned and sorta crisp.
- In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, water, lime juice, vinegar, honey, chili sauce and sesame oil, add in the almonds, onions and chopped chicken.
- Place the filling into the wrappers and serve with a garden salad, if desired..
- You can substitute chunky peanut butter if you like to mix the almond and peanuts nutty flavors and crunch.
- If you want a lot more spice, you may substitute hot Sriracha for the chili sauce.
- Sliced scallions make for added texture but you can use chopped red onion if desired
- You can also serve the filled cups on a platter of Bibb lettuce which makes for a pretty presentation if serving for a luncheon.