Who doesn’t love fudge…and if you like peppermint, you should really like this easy peppermint fudge!
This fudge recipe has only three ingredients and takes about 5 minutes to make.
Four ingredients, if you count the crushed peppermint!
First ingredient: Semisweet Chocolate Chips!
Second ingredient: Sweetened Condensed Milk.
Third ingredient: Pure vanilla, Optional.
Fourth ingredient: Peppermint candies, crushed.
Now how easy is that?
And most importantly, it tastes good and rich!
Do you, my dear readers….like to make candy for Christmas?
I certainly do….and my hips and thighs prove it!
Moderation is the key isn’t it?
Of course, moderation is the key to life too!
Have a great week.
- 1 can (14 ounce) of sweetened condensed milk (I use Eagle Brand)
- 1 package (12 ounces) of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I use Mexican clear vanilla)
- 8-9 peppermint candies, crushed for the top of the fudge.(you know the kind you sometimes get at restaurants after eating)
- Prepare an 8X8 inch baking dish by lining with foil. Be sure the foil goes up all four sides as this will aid in lifting the fudge from the dish
- Spray the foil with nonstick spray and set aside
- Place the peppermint candies in a sandwich bag and crush with rolling pin or use a heavy pan and set aside.
- In a double boiler, (or microwave) melt the chocolate chips
- Remove from the heat and add in the condensed milk, stirring until incorporated and smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla (if desired)
- Quickly pour the fudge into the prepared dish and sprinkle with the crushed peppermint.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until hardened
- Carefully lift the fudge out of the dish using the foil "handles"..and cut with a sharp knife (I use a bread knife)
- Place on a pretty serving dish...I use a pedestal cake plate.
- Very pretty and looks like Christmas Candy.
- You can also use your microwave to heat your condensed milk and add in the semi sweet chocolate chips