Shari, Kari and Lamb Chops!
Do you remember Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop?
Shari Lewis was the ventriloquist who had this adorable little lamb puppet that had the cutest little voice. (her voice of course)
I love to watch Lamb Chop “talk” on television variety shows such as The Ed Sullivan Show.
AND I just happen to love to eat lamb chops.
BUT, I have to confess that every time I serve lamb chops, I think of the little lamb chop puppet!
Growing up, my Mother made Lamb Stew…but perhaps she felt like Lamb Chops were not budget friendly because they are a smaller chop than say a Pork Chop….so we rarely had lamb chops.
Personally, I like the tenderness of lamb chops and they are so easy to prepare.
A little salt and pepper and a hot cast iron skillet and in about 8 minutes…(4 minutes per side) … lamb chops are on the table.
Serve a little mint jelly on the side and yummy-i-ness is ready to happen in your mouth and tummy.
Yesterday, I mentioned that I was going to the meat market…in the rain…to purchase some lamb chops.
And can I tell you the Captain and I really enjoyed our dinner last evening.
Because it was raining….I decided to make the meal even simpler by purchasing a twice baked potato and I already had frozen fruit in the freezer.
Waa-laaaa! instant dinner and not fast food.
Do you like lamb chops my dear readers?
- 6 lamb chops, fat trimmed to about 1/8th of an inch.
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil or other vegetable oil.
- Mint Jelly
- Trim lamb chops of any excess fat...most are already trimmed by the butcher.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet til sizzling
- Salt and pepper each side of chop
- Place lamb chops in skillet and cook for 4 minutes on each side for a total of 8 minutes.
- Let lamb chops rest on paper towel for about 5-10 minutes
- Serve with mint jelly.
- I can eat 3 of these little chops....yes, I can. 🙂
- You can also make a red wine reduction using chopped garlic and rosemary to use as a sauce for the pan fried lamb chops...but I just like them pan fried. 🙂