Quick N’ Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
Do you ever get a hankerin’ for a peanut butter cookie?
Not the store bought kind…they tend to be tooooo crispy for me.
I can go for ages without this desire and then I see the peanut butter jar on my pantry shelf and I think….Yay! Peanut Butter Cookies!!!!!!. 🙂
I know, we have already discussed that sometimes I can be a little….well, weird.
I am sure you are aware, my dear readers, that we can find excellent recipes on the sides and backs of food jars and packages and this peanut butter cookie recipe is one of those.
Kraft Foods is an excellent way to find new recipes, although this recipe has been around for a very long time.
Many times I find myself modifying those recipes but this recipe really doesn’t need modifying….
I like the fact that this cookie recipe has only 3 ingredients….granulated sugar, peanut butter and egg.
That is right, no flour or baking soda or salt…just 3 ingredients….and it certainly doesn’t need the extra ingredients to taste good.
I have a recipe that calls for graham crackers, powdered sugar and peanut butter…and it is one I use to make chocolate covered peanut butter balls.
You can find that recipe under my “Recipes” category, (the black task bar at the top of the home page)….under “bars-cookies-desserts-candy “
The below recipe has also been used to make Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies….by just adding a chocolate kiss to the top of the cookie ball. Yum!
You can use any kind of peanut butter, chunky or smooth and you can use your favorite brand of peanut butter.
I happen to like smooth Jiff….but to each his own. 🙂
The steps are very simple.
Put the sugar, egg and peanut butter into a bowl…..
Mix with an electric mixer….
Form into balls…
Flatten a bit with a fork….
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes…
Cool before removing from baking pan…
Grab a glass of milk and enjoy a great afternoon snack.
Now, how hard is that? 😉
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of smooth or chunky peanut butter
- Mix the sugar, egg and peanut butter together with an electric mixer
- Form into small balls by rolling a teaspoon of the dough with both hands
- Place on parchment or sill-pat lined cookie sheet
- Using a fork, press lightly to give the ridge look on the top of your cookie
- Bake for about 10 minutes...cookies will be very soft and break easily so be sure to allow them to cool on the baking sheet before removing.
- Serve with cold milk or hot tea....:)
- This recipe makes about 25 cookies depending on how large you make the balls.
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.