Too Many Eggs? Egg Salad is the Answer!
Chickens and Eggs…two of my favorite things!
I particularly love egg salad whether it is served on bread or as a salad on a Bibb or butter lettuce leaf.
I noticed after a visit to the supermarket that I somehow had an abundance of eggs in my fridge.
I absentmindedly picked up another dozen….who? Me?…yep! Me!
Egg Salad is one of those quick go-to recipes when the family is asking “Whats for lunch?” and you have no idea!
You can whip up egg salad and serve it on the salad plate or on bread of your choice.
Because of my over abundance of eggs in the fridge…., I decided it was time for a few egg recipes.
Below is a really good egg salad recipe…put it on a bun or on a lettuce leaf and it is simply good eats!
And of course the recipe is printable….
Do you my dear readers like egg salad?
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayo...(I like to use Miracle Whip...gives just the right amount of sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (I also like to add about 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, optional)
- 1/2 stalk of finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (or you can use sliced scallions)
- a few bits of minced fresh parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt if desired
- Kaiser Buns, Croissants or Sandwich Bread of your choice
- Butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce of your choice for serving
- Chill the eggs for about 30 minutes before chopping (I find it works much easier that way)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine eggs, mayo, lemon zest and juice, celery, red onions, and parsley Add salt and pepper to taste
- Spread on bread or serve on lettuce leaves
- Egg salad can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Some people like their egg salad in large pieces while others like it almost in a paste, I like mine somewhere in between.