I have several topics I would like to share with you my dear readers!
I was so excited today when I went into my Secret Garden and discovered several chrysalis on my parsley…the pic below shows the butterfly starting to emerge…..and there is another chrysalis to the left of the emerging butterfly!
The caterpillar will be another butterfly (black Swallowtail butterfly) Note the white webs connecting the chrysalis to the folded parsley leaf.
Remember when I posted about the swallowtail laying her eggs on my parsley plant in my Herb basket?
Wow! I am so excited!
I may be out there most of the day waiting for the butterfly to completely come out, so below is a great quick fix recipe I would like to share…Mexican Taco Pie!
The printable recipe below is quick and easy to make and yet another way to eat Mexican and use ground beef!
And as long as I am sharing….here are a few new pics of our great grandson….enjoying his first swim with his beautiful Mommy’s toes and Daddy’s legs! 😉
He has most likely just learned to swim too! 😉
And here he is at Gma’s house reading a book.
He is learning his ABC’s!!
Ok, maybe he isn’t really reading or learning his ABC’s…and maybe he has not learned to swim ….but I am sure it won’t be long!
Have a great day my friends, and thanks for permitting me to “show off” a few pics of you know who and sharing with you today!
- Refrigerated pie crust either in a metal pan or make your own
- 1 small can of refried pinto beans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package of taco seasoning.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small can of chopped green chiles (optional)
- 1 small can of sweet peas, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- Bake pie shell in a preheated 350 degree oven until starting to brown about 8 minutes
- Heat refried beans in microwave and spread the beans across bottom of baked pie shell
- Brown the ground beef, green chiles and onions in a cast iron skillet (or heavy skillet) until all pink is gone
- Drain if needed
- Add peas,salsa and taco seasoning to the meat mixture, stirring to heat through (about 5 minutes)
- Pour the meat mixture into the pie crust and sprinkle cheese on top
- Pop back in the oven for about 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on counter for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on desired iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, more grated cheese, guacamole and sour cream
- Slice into pie wedges or just dig in....:)
- This is just another variation of taco salad but instead of using tortillas...pie crust is used. You can certainly use tortillas in the bottom of a pie plate or baking dish of your choice....use your imagination! It will be delish!
Kari, thanks for the pictures of your grandson. He is precious. Enjoyed seeing the butterflies.
thanks Sandy…it all comes full circle doesn’t it.
Brenda ....only daughter says
Btw my foot in water. It was hot so I jumped in !!!
Funny…. I hope then ….that wasn’t Mel’s legs! LOL