Under The Weather, But I’m Back!
Wow! I came down with a bug of some kind that layed me out flat on my back for a while.
It didn’t last long but I was miserable, so I did what I like to do when I am miserable….I stayed in bed.
And drank plenty of liquids.
And watched a lot of TV.
Mainly I watched a lot of the basketball games in the NCAA tournament, called March Madness!
Rock Chalk Jayhawk! KU!
When It came time for thinking of cooking….I remembered this easy crock pot meatball recipe that is so good and so easy.
The unique thing about it is….it is made the day before and popped in the fridge overnight. The next day the crock pot insert is placed in the cooker and the meatballs are cooked for 2 hours.
And who doesn’t love meatballs?
You can add spaghetti, a garden salad and garlic bread for a wonderful meal.
OR…..you can make a meatballs sub sandwiches using french bread…and that is yummy too.
I also like that it calls for a bottled spaghetti sauce of your choice.
Lets make this simple for those busy days of running errands or taking the kids to school or events….
…….or when one is laying in bed, sick and the family still needs to eat.
Teach them how to cook this recipe…it is that easy. This printable recipe is below.
Hugs and Blessings
- 1 lb hamburger (I use 80/20)
- 1/2 lb veal
- 1/2 lb pork
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (I use Extra Virgin)
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 eggs,
- 1 large handful of dried breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
- 1 large handful of grated Parmesan cheese (I used Kraft green can of parmesan)
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 jars of spaghetti sauce, your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 °.
- This is an extra step but well worth it. In a heavy skillet, add the olive oil (I use cast iron) and precook the onions until soft but not brown, add the garlic and cook for about a minute more. Remove from heat.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl, adding in the onion and garlic. Mix well but don't over mix as your meatballs will be tough.
- Shape the meatballs using a ice cream scoop and place them on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for about 15 minutes.
- After baking, place the meatballs into a crock pot and add the spaghetti sauce
- Remove the crock pot insert and cover the meatballs with the lid and place in the fridge overnight.
- Put them in the insert of a slow cooker and cover them with the spaghetti sauce. This is an important step as the flavors marinate and make these meatballs simply delicious and a melt in your mouth treat.
- The next day put the insert into the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours, serve over spaghetti or make a meatball sub. Sooooooo good!.
Sorry you were laid low. Hopefully with the arrival of the warmer weather you will make a speedy recovery.
Pasta is definitely on my comfort food list too with lashings of Parmesan cheese. Not sure about meatball subs though, but each to their own eh!
Warmest hugs from across the pond xx
I do love pasta! But my hips and thighs yell loudly! Of course I just ignore and eat what I like. Feeling better now…just a hacking cough that gets in my way when I am telling a long story! haha
Are you dancing the Salsa anytime soon? I’ve seen a few pics on your FB and you look like you are having a great time. Good for you.