Pineapple Sheet Cake!
If you have followed my Blog, you will see recipes for different varieties of sheet cakes.
I love the ease of making these sheet cakes and have been making them for years.
The baking pan does make a difference in how you want your sheet cake to turn out.
Sheet pans come in 1/4 size, 1/2 size, 3/4 size, 1/8 size and full size sheet pan…altho, the full size pans require a very large oven and are usually used by commercial bakers. So be sure to measure your oven before purchasing a full size sheet pan. 🙂
You can buy most of these sheet pans at most department stores…Wal-Mart carries the 1/4 and 1/2. If you want the 3/4 or full sized sheet pans, you might have to go to a “Kitchen Store”.
I prefer to use the 13 x 18 x 1 inch size sheet pan for all my sheet cakes…..the half-sized sheet pan.
I have about 5 or 6 of these half-sized sheet pans, because I also use them for cookie baking….especially at Christmas Cookie baking time…I can have a sheet pan in the oven, a sheet pan cooling, a sheet pan loaded with cookies and perhaps another waiting in the wings!
So sheet pans are a good investment.
Now, back to this recipe for sheet cake.
The pineapple makes the cake moist and by putting the cream cheese frosting on the warm cake from the oven….well, it just makes this sheet cake outstanding and delish!
Of course you can take any sheet cake recipe and make cupcakes and frost in the same way as you would the sheet cake (putting the icing on a warm cupcake)…that is the great thing about the Icing recipes.
Some people prefer crushed pineapple in the frosting or atop the cake, while others prefer adding nuts (your choice) while others want a simple frosting.
You can choose any icing, just follow directions on waiting til the cake or the cupcakes cooled.
If you are a lover of sheet cakes…check out my recipes for Thin Cocoa Cake, Peanut Butter Cake, White Sheet Cake, and Pumpkin Sheet Cake just to name a few.
The printable recipe is below for the Pineapple Sheet Cake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix the flour, sugar and baking soda in a large mixing bowl
- Add the eggs, vanilla and crushed pineapple (do not drain the pineapple)
- Blend together until all ingredients are incorporated
- Pour batter into a greased and floured sheet pan (13 X 18 X 1)
- Bake at 350 degree preheated oven for about 30 minutes
- You can insert a toothpick into the cake to test for doneness but sometimes you will insert into pineapple and it still looks wet (if you use a smaller baking pan...8 x 10...the cake will take about 15 minutes longer to bake
- 5 Minutes before cake is done, combine the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla using a hand mixer in a medium bowl
- Beat until the icing is nice and creamy and then spread the icing on the warm cake
- Sprinkle the top with pecans if desired
- If you like quick and easy sheet cakes, check out my recipes for Thin Cocoa Cake, White Sheet Cake, Peanut Butter Sheet Cake, Pumpkin Sheet Cake and Strawberry Sheet Cake! Yummy!!!
Oh my goodness!! This looks amazing!
Maybe we will make this cake when you get here next week. I can’t wait until you get down here. Hugs and Love!