BLT’s Are Good Anytime, Anywhere and Anyway!
Next to Peanut Butter and Jelly and yes, even plain ole’ Baloney, BLT’s are right up there with my favorite sandwiches.
I like them on plain white bread, on toasted bread and even on a hamburger bun.
So a few weeks ago, I made them for my Friday Bible Study group.
We like to have a little snack while we study and sometimes it is sweet and sometimes it is savory.
So I decided to make the BLT’s using tortillas.
I have made the BLT’s before using a tomato based tortilla, but this time I made them with both a 10 inch spinach base tortilla and a 10 inch regular flour tortilla.
You can find the flavored tortillas at Wal-Mart if your market doesn’t carry them.
My Publix only carries the plain tortillas in a smaller size.
I started with the tortillas and I did not heat them but I suppose one could.
I used two which was sufficient for our small group of ladies.
You can adjust the recipe below to your liking.
I also used a tomato bouillon powder that I find is much better than using a tablespoon of a can of anything tomato.
I use it all the time when needing just a small amount of tomato paste or sauce and I buy it through Amazon.
I also use it in tacos, chili, goulash….just about anything needing that tomato flavor.
First I mixed up a little cream cheese with the tomato bouillon and set it aside.
Then I mixed up the mashed avocado, Miracle Whip (you can use Mayo) and lime juice and zest and set aside.
Spread the cream cheese/tomato mixture on both tortillas.
Spread the avocado mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Repeat process on spinach based tortilla.
Add the crumbled bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion.
Roll the tortillas tightly and use a serrated knife to cut off the ends (cook’s treat) 👌❤️
Cut the rolled tortillas in about 1 inch pieces and serve on a platter.
I added plastic ants as additional decor on a red and white checked tablecloth.
I also shaped the roll ups/wraps as they can tend to be flatter if one does not shape them.
Everyone enjoyed them…and they were so easy to make.
- 2 10 inch Flour Tortillas (one Spinach, one plain)
- 5 slices Bacon (fried or baked in the oven til crisp)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Lettuce, shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tomato Bouillon Powder
- 1/2 whole avocado, mashed with fork
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip (or Mayo)
- 1/4 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese and tomato bouillon and set aside
- in another small bowl, combine the mashed avocado, Miracle Whip, lime juice and zest and set side
- Lay out two tortillas and spread each with half the cream cheese and tomato bouillon mixture, going to the edges of the tortillas
- Spread half the avocado and Miracle Whip mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture making sure you go to the edges of the tortillas
- Add the tomatoes, onion, lettuce and crumbled bacon to each tortilla (use as much or as little of each ingredient per your taste)
- Roll the tortillas as tightly as possible so ingredients don't fall out (if they do just stuff them inside again or eat as cook's choice).
- Using a serrated knife, slice the rolled up tortillas in about one inch slices and place on serving plate and serve. (I sliced the end pieces for a snack for me just to make the rolls cut evenly)
“Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare.”
Have a great and Blessed day.”