Thanksgiving is around the corner and we can all use shortcuts in meal prep. This a a healthier version than the one I usually make. It is a wonderful crock pot recipe. Just set it and forget it.
Tip: I put a paper towel under the lid to absorb the steam and replace if it gets too wet.
Tip # 2: I also add 1 teaspoon of Poultry Seasoning…just because….
12 Servings Prep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, celery and onion over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and apple is
- tender, stirring once.
- Yield: 8 cups.
- cook for 3 hours..set it and forget it